Ultra High Frequency
short stroke motion system
Ultra High Frequency for Short Stroke Motion Systems
PBA’s Circular voice coils motors are simple electric linear motors consisting of a Magnetic housing and a lightweight coil. Voice coil motors do not need commutation and are often used for pure frequency oscillation. However, sub-micron positional control is easily achieved when worked in tandem with high resolution linear encoders.
Applying a voltage across the terminals of the motor causes the motor to move to one direction. Reversing the polarity of the applied voltage will move the motor to the opposite direction. The generated force is proportional to the current that flows through the motor coil. This force is almost constant in the specified stroke range of the motor. The non-commutated motor construction increases reliability and the direct coupling of the motor to the load allows for dynamic acceleration/deceleration and resultant high speed operation.
- Zero Cogging, zero backlash and zero hysteresis
- Extremely dynamic and high frequency motion profile
- Negligible speed and force ripple at low speeds
- Multiple Diameter sizes and force options
- Simple operation – Only 2 terminals connections
- High force versions available
- Zero maintenance
- High reliability